Design Thinking Consulting and Professional Development Services for K-12 & Colleges
We provide a variety of consulting services and professional development opportunities for K-12 & colleges that model design thinking and prototyping to engage students in complex problems
Contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) Professional development
We work with a variety of schools and school districts to provide innovative approaches and sustainable methods for K-12 STEM education, all based on peer-reviewed research and Design Thinking models that demonstrates effective outcomes.
- We align curricula with best practices for 3 dimensional learning that include engineering and prototyping, providing professional development opportunities that are tailored to meet the needs of your educators and students.
- We provide schools with a sustainable plan of action to maintain and strengthen Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) in the classroom.
- Our professional development focuses on utilizing a variety of assessment tools to track the success of the educator's approach, student's demonstrated learning, and the effectiveness of the instruction method.
- Most importantly, we empower educators and work to ease concerns associated with adopting Design Thinking and NGSS in the classroom.
- Link to PD workshop experiences: http://iobserve.org/2016/08/23/local-catholic-school-teachers-attend-stem-workshops-at-elms/
classroom coaching & School Visits
We appreciate that every school is different, each has unique strengths and challenges. We are here to help you overcome your specific challenges and take full advantage of what your institution has to offer.
- We provide site and classroom visits, meeting and talking to administrators and educators to help bring their ideal plans to action
- We provide a unique opportunity to customize STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, & math) projects that work for your school, teachers, and students.
- We provide individualized classroom coaching instruction in the Design Thinking process, allowing each teacher to see how we articulate 3 dimensional-learning and engineering in their classroom with their students.
- We provide observational opportunities and feedback that support elevated teaching in the classroom.
Design Thinking, Vision & Change in Undergraduate science education
We provide undergraduate students with unique and innovative opportunities to practice scientific skills in non-traditional but very meaningful ways. We've developed several effective initiatives such as "Science of Art" project and creating digital videos project to elevate and foster a love for learning and to demonstrate how science applies to the real world. Our focus is developing skills that translate to all areas of learning, and the ability to collaborate to solve complex problems through Design Thinking and prototyping.
- We conduct departmental evaluation in accordance with New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) and the Department of Higher Education (DHE) and provide recommendations for curricular redesign. We provide consulting services and opportunities to visit your institution, meet with faculty and staff, and provide recommended approaches to help your institution become one that practices Design Thinking and Vision & Change in Undergraduate Science.
- As consultants, we provide an opportunity to fulfill grant requirements for improving and enriching undergraduate classroom experiences.
- We provide analytical and assessment services for evaluating the effectiveness of your department and faculty teaching approaches.
- We provide sustainable methods for enhancing the undergraduate STEAM experience to focus on skill development and applied learning through design.
- Links to "Science of Art" project: https://artmuseum.mtholyoke.edu/sites/default/files/newsletters/Spring%202011%20Newsletter.pdf?bc=node/404
- Links to digital video publication: http://static.nsta.org/files/jcst1206_16.pdf